I'm sick of listening to, reading about and seeing the face of Donald J. Trump. I'm sick of the media dissecting his speech, actions or lack thereof. I'm sick of the excuses. I'm sick of the incompetence. I'm sick of the insults, the lies, the blaming, the accusations. Mostly I'm sick of his stupidity.
Seriously, exhausted by it.
We need this administration out of the White House before they get us into a war we can't recover from. Yesterday, trending in my news feed, was an article of how to stay safe in a Nuclear attack. I studied that article since both Ann Coulter and North Korea are excited about nuclear weapons reaching Seattle. I'm thankful we have a basement to hide out in. Simply need to stock it up so we're ready.
It's exhausting to think this way.
It's exhausting to know that people are profiting off of detention centers where thousands of immigrants are being paid a dollar a day for work that should be paid a living wage. It's exhausting to know there are thousands of immigrants in these centers. It's exhausting to read the ignorance in the comments from Fox News viewers praising this uncurious and abhorrent man as a great leader when he talks about chocolate cake more eloquently than any plan he has for our society, for our government, for our citizens.
The actions remain quite simple. The imperative to take them down is growing. Let's push him and all the bigots and idiots he has working with him out the door.
TODAY'S EASY ACTIVISM
1. Call the WHITE HOUSE 202-456-1111 and demand they take in Syrian refuges to keep the women, children and men safe from U.S. escalation in Syria. If trump is really concerned, we will take in refuges.
2. Call your Congressional Leaders and demand trump's tax returns and an INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION into Russia. Thank the ones who are fighting for our rights and let the leaders who are abandoning know it's their last term.
3. Phonebank and / or donate to Jon Ossoff in Georgia's 6th district. The election is on Tuesday. The GOP is releasing ads comparing him to Osama Bin Laden.
4. Call the EPA and demand they take care of the people in Flint, MI and protect the children (and adults) from water poisoning. Demand environmental protections. 202-564-4700
5. PROTEST - This Saturday is the Tax March nationwide and Black Lives Matter march in Seattle. Next Saturday, April 22 is the March for Science nationwide SHOW UP! This matters.
6. Share this information with your network and please encourage them to take these actions.
Keep loving. Keep connecting. Keep believing. Keep fighting.
Nothing has felt more imperative than my lifetime than getting these people away from our rights.
Gratitude and love to you -