Each morning I wake wondering why so many behave so destructively, so heartlessly, so carelessly.
Our history rewards people of courage and kindness. The history books will forever praise the actions of peaceful leaders like MLK, Gandhi, Rosa Parks, His Holiness of Dalai Lama, the current Pope and so many more.
As the confederate statues topple, we will remember the heroics of those who stood strong and in peace for freedom, equality and justice. We remember the courageousness of Standing Rock, those who risk their lives to save others and those who are fighting for their lives every moment. We will remember those who acted courageously to rise for our collective humanity.
We will also remember, not kindly, those who exhibited great greed, cruelty and disdain for women, for Mother Earth, for people of color, for those without wealth. We will remember them as hate mongers.
I remain curious why these people chose horrible when they could be heroic. The choice is so clear to me. What I am missing? What do they see in their actions that I don't understand? Acts of inhumanity and destruction will never be on the right side of history. Never. And yet, this destruction prevails. I don't understand.
TODAY'S EASY ACTIVISM
1. The Tax Scam Bill needs to be reconciled between the House and the Senate. This will take time. Your calls are more important than ever as this bill is pure greed, evil and will rob 13 million of healthcare. Numbers for your Senators are found here. Especially call Senator Collins in Maine, McCain and Flake in Arizona. You may even want to call Bob Corker in TN and thank him for voting for the people and not his party.
While on the phone with your Senators, tell them to protect the Dreamers.
2. Trump slashes Bear's Ear and Grand Staircase Monument. 90% of American land is open for drilling. 10% of land is protected. This was part of the 10%. Honestly, I don't know what we can do AND Patagonia is leading the charge to create blowback. Go to www.patagonia.com and follow the prompts. While you're there, do some holiday shopping.
3. Love each other more. Strangers, friends, family. There is a lot of anger in the air. We must be the light in this darkness.
4. If you can, donate to Doug Jones. We need a crime fighter not a pedophile as Senator of Alabama. Seems like a no brainer doesn't it?
5. There are only 3 more shopping days to get the first addition of Civics in Chaos - an infuriately fun game of civic survival that will Make America Smart Again (wouldn't that be refreshing)! Buy your copy here.
Deepest love and gratitude to you.
Together we can. Together we are. United we stand.