Thank you Alabama! Thank you Doug Jones! Thank you African American women and men! Thank you courageous women who spoke out about the pedophilia of the GOP candidate! Thank you everybody who donated, volunteered, shared stories and changed the narrative.
Last night was yet another powerful reminder that we must never lose hope. We must always stay engaged. Every action matters, especially when it comes to voting.
Hillary Clinton, was in Seattle on Monday night reminding us to keep believing and to stay engaged. We are living in particularly dangerous times and yet, as MLK Jr. said "the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice”
Last night we experienced justice and yet, we must never give up.
- Russia is a real danger to our Democracy and is just getting warmed up.
- It only takes 34 States (take a look at the middle of our country and start counting) to call for a Constitutional Convention, which is why State legislative races are so critically important. The Koch brothers, the Mercer family and the greed mongers want nothing more to rewrite our constitution.
- Too many in the GOP only care about the needs of their donors and the security of their jobs.
As Hillary said, it’s wild to think that many in the GOP wake in the morning excited to fill the Koch brothers pockets, take insurance away from millions of Americans and sink our country into trillions of dollars of debt.
So much is at stake. Net Neutrality, this insane and devastating Tax Bill, Health Insurance (holy hell are we being price gouged or what?!), CHIP and holding this revolting man accountable for his attacks on women.
Our calls matter. Our voices matter. Our actions matter.
TODAY’S EASY ACTIVISM –
1. Net Neutrality. They will likely vote on Net Neutrality this week. Did you read 1984? If this passes, that will seem awfully familiar. Take these steps please –
- Go to gofccyourself.com (the shortcut John Oliver made to the hard-to-find FCC comment page).
- Under "Proceedings", you will see a 17-108 link (Restoring Internet Freedom). To the far right of that, you will see "+Express" Click this link.
- Be sure to hit "ENTER" (or return key) on your keyboard after you put in your name, so it registers. (They make it a tad tricky there.)
- In the comment section write, "I strongly support net neutrality backed by Title 2 oversight of ISPs."
- Click on Review, then Submit, done. - Make sure you hit submit at the end!
- SHARE WITH EVERYBODY YOU KNOW.
- VOTE NO on the TAX SCAM
- Fund CHIP
- Ask for trump’s resignation for sexual assault
- Support Net Neutrality
- Seat Senator-elect Doug Jones immediately so he can vote on the tax scam bill!
3. If you use Sirius XM, please cancel your subscription. They gave Steve Bannon a show. How could they give voice to this ultra hateful white supremacist? Gross. Unacceptable. Un-American. Unsubscribe please. They don't make it easy to cancel and here's the link to do it.
4. Lastly, Puerto Ricans are still suffering and this tax bill would devastate the island further. If you'd like to make a donation this holiday season, click here.
And always RESIST THE HATE & KEEP THE FAITH. There is too much anger in the world. We are the light of love and kindness. We are the moral universe. Stay kind. Stay in love. Stay activated. Together we can!
In love and gratitude to you -